Herein please find this month’s China Energy Policy Newsletter, from the China Energy Transition Working Group, led by GIZ and the China National Renewable Energy Centre (CNREC) and supported by the Danish Energy Agency (DEA).
This month we include a bilingual short folder on “China Renewable Energy Outlook 2018″. CREO 2018 is the flagship product of a multilateral cooperation project between CNREC, a renewables think-tank of the Chinese Government, and international partners from Germany, Denmark and the United States. In the new 2018 version, CNREC and its national and international partners analyse different roadmaps for the Chinese energy transition, aiming at a low-carbon energy system in 2050.
Here is a brief summary of this month’s China Energy Policy Newsletter.
Recent project activities
- China Renewable Energy Outlook 2018 released
- CNREC experts present at China Power System Modelling Workshop
- CNREC and project partners speak at CNECC conference
China Energy Transition Updates
- NEA released the annual electricity prices supervision report
- Solar PV is approaching price parity, while wind faces more difficulty
- The first large-scale commercial CSP demonstration project put into operation
- China has fully prepared for gas supply in the coming heating season
- Malte Luks, Renewable Energy Sources, German Federal Network Agency
About the newsletter:
Responding to the imperative of transitioning to a low-carbon and cost-effective energy system in China, CNREC has launched the Boosting Renewable Energy as Part of China’s Energy Revolution project, which is jointly fund by Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), the government of Denmark, and German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Within the project, the China Energy System Transition Working Group, led by GIZ and CNREC with support of DEA, monitors and assesses China’s ongoing energy policy developments and energy transition statistics, including renewable energy, power market reform, environment, and carbon markets. As part of this monitoring, the working group publishes the China Energy Policy Newsletter monthly via email. If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe to the newsletter, please send the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 2018 Newsletter Download:
CREO 2018 Chinese Folder Download:
CREO 2018 English Folder Download: