Herein please find this month’s China Energy Policy Newsletter, from the China Energy Transition Working Group, led by GIZ and the China National Renewable Energy Centre (CNREC) and supported by the Danish Energy Agency (DEA).
This month we include a bilingual executive summary of “China Renewable Energy Outlook 2018″. CREO 2018 analyzes two energy scenarios for China through 2050: a Stated Policies scenario based on existing policies and how they might be continued through 2050, and a Below 2 °C scenario, which examines how China might meet its energy and economic targets while remaining under a carbon constraint with a Below 2 °C future.
Here is a brief summary of this month’s China Energy Policy Newsletter.
Recent project activities
- CNREC officially published China Renewable Eneryg Outlook 2018 in Beijing
China Energy Transition Updates
- Three-year clean energy consumption action plan issued
- NDRC and NEA jointly issue the third draft of renewable obligation policy
- Renewable obligation policy timeline
- Commissioning date of spot market pilots revised to June 2019
- First Water Ten-point Plan evaluation results announced
- MoF clarifies taxable pollutants and exemptions under the Environmental Protection Tax Law
About the newsletter:
Responding to the imperative of transitioning to a low-carbon and cost-effective energy system in China, CNREC has launched the Boosting Renewable Energy as Part of China’s Energy Revolution project, which is jointly fund by Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), the government of Denmark, and German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Within the project, the China Energy System Transition Working Group, led by GIZ and CNREC with support of DEA, monitors and assesses China’s ongoing energy policy developments and energy transition statistics, including renewable energy, power market reform, environment, and carbon markets. As part of this monitoring, the working group publishes the China Energy Policy Newsletter monthly via email. If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe to the newsletter, please send the information below to email@example.com
December 2018 Newsletter Download:
CREO 2018 Chinese Executive Summary Download:
CREO 2018 English Executive Summary Download: